IUI in Dubai: A proven method of improving fertility
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is a procedure where washed concentrated sperm – the individual sperms taken from the semen – is insemminated in the uterus using a catheter, near the time of ovulation. The procedure may require minimal medication in order to stimulate the ovaries and condition the uterus for insemination.
Couples who are experiencing unexplained infertility, or mild factors hindering natural conception, may opt for IUI. In suitable cases, the procedure can yield high success rates, with four to six cycles recommended. Additionally, it causes less stress and is more affordable than IVF. However, it generally does have a lower success rate compared with IVF treatment.
Our in-house process for IUI in Dubai
The steps included in IUI may vary on a case-to-case basis, but normally involve:
- A blood test and ultrasound during the early stages of the menstrual cycle.
- Possible prescription of medication that stimulates the ovaries.
- 1-2 scans to determine the readiness of the follicles.
- An hCG injection that will be administered approximately 40 hours prior to the insemination.
- Collection of semen sample, preparation of the sample in the laboratory, and implantation inside the uterus via a fine catheter.
Advantages of choosing IUI
Opting for IUI has numerous advantages, and the results often vary depending on the frequency and regularity of the treatment.
- Success rate could reach as high as 20 per cent per cycle. Success rates may be higher or lower depending on a variety of factors, such as the age of the female partner, the particular reason behind the struggle with fertility, and the kind of fertility medications used, among others.
- Less invasive while being more affordable.
- Treatment takes a short period of time.
- Does not affect daily routine.
- Virtually painless, does not require the use of anaesthesia.
Contact us for more information
If you want to know more about this fertility treatment, feel free to get in touch with our Dubai clinic today. We will be more than happy accommodate your queries.